Monday, January 27, 2014

When Searching for Health Information, Search Wisely


Build a DIY health library, and fill it with resources that are up to date.  I went to a prominent health web site run by a medical institution. I looked at the nutrition information. It was 20 years out of date. The site was recently updated but the material was stick in a time warp. Sometimes the sources you think might be the best are not. 

I can find better nutrition information in Laurel’s Kitchen, a 30 year old out of print natural foods cook book. 

When you are searching for information to take care of your health, search wisely. Always look at the source of the information carefully, and don’t discount information from someone who is “trying to sell you something”.   Food Matters is a great site for nutrition information, and yes, they are trying to sell you something. You don’t have to buy if you don’t want to.

 By the way, while we are on the subject of selling you something, I’m a chiropractor and I want to sell you on getting adjusted. It’s something you can’t DIY (please don’t try!)  Studies show that regular chiropractic patients  see MD’s less, spend less on Health care, and remain active and self sufficient longer than those who don’t get chiropractic adjustments.

  I also am a member of Young Living and I want to sell you on being one too.  Yes, I do make a small commission on any sale, however I want you to be a member because then you can get the most  pure essential oils  which are one of the best tools you can put in your health tool kit, and Yl makes the most pure therapeutic grade oils. I’m sure of it. They also spend a lot on research and development of oils,  testing and growing plants for oils, and compiling research which they share with the world.  That benefits not only us, but future generations of DIYers. For more information on Young Living, contact me, member # 28314.

No comments: